What do we mean by Design and Build?
When a homebuilder offers “design and build”, it means we perform both the design of the home, as well as the home’s construction. At Jamestown Estate Homes, we make the design and build process easy. We can start your home design from scratch, or takes ideas from our library of plans. Let our expertise create the dynamic custom home you will enjoy for years to come.
Jamestown Estate Homes offers a simple design to contract process:
1. First, we will meet to discuss your property and what you are looking for in a new custom home. We’ll talk in detail about the features you’re looking for, plus any unique ideas you want to incorporate. From that meeting, our designer will start drawing a floor plan.
2. At our next meeting (one to two weeks later) we will provide: a sketch of your new home, plus rough estimate of price and specifications. This is free of charge and obligation*. If you choose to proceed, we will collect a deposit for CAD drawings of the floor plan and front elevation, allowing us to refine the budget and specifications**.
3. In one to two weeks, we will present the preliminary plans. With plan approval, we’ll collect the balance of the design fees.
4. We will finish the construction documents, finalize the budget and prepare the new home contract.
5. Contract execution and construction loan closing.
Then we can start the construction of your new home! Construction will take roughly 6 to 9 months from the time we pour the foundation to completion, depending on area and details of your home.
Once the home nearing completion, we’ll have two buyer walks, and then you get to move into your new home! While living in your Jamestown Estate Home, you will enjoy the convenience and peace of mind of our Concierge Customer Service program.
*Subject to builder’s discretion.
**It can take a few meetings to get your new home design just right!
We take steps to draw out your dream home just as you imagined it.